Friday, January 4, 2013

CFCA visit


Hello Everyone,
What a wonderful day!  I was able to visit Emiliana at her home in San Andreas, which is about a 40 minute walk from San Lucas.   I have sponsored Emiliana for about 9 years and this is the third time I was able to meet with her over the years.  The picture below is was taken in front of the church in San Andreas.   


What an awesome experience entering the church with Emiliana for prayer and meditation.  The faith she has is so strong and I am so blessed as she is praying for my family daily.  What a beautiful woman she is.



Below we are in front of Emiliana's home.   She invited us into her home and was so thankful for our visit.    I sponsor  through CFCA (Christian Foundation for the Children and Aging)  They were very kind in sending a guide/interpreter with us.  Vincent (far right) was most kind in helping to interpret as well. He speaks spanish and is part of our group.  Two translators  were needed as Emiliana speaks Kaqchikel. 
Once again, I am having a wonderful experience.  Words and pictures cannot fully describe or show  the beauty of the people and the land in Guatemala.

Karen Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment